This is for people who just want to get cold fast. The 12V Peltier module is mounted onto a 12V heatsink and fan assembly with thermal paste and an aluminum clamp. Simply connect to 12V 5A+ power supply and you will see frost appear on the aluminum plate within a minute. This assembly comes with the best Peltier Adafruit could get, so it can get even colder than the stand-alone module Adafruit stock, but we think the price is worth it. Just sitting on Adafruit's desk it got down to -3.6°C, nice and frosty!
Comes with the Peltier, heatsink, fan all assembled. You'll need a power supply to power it, we suggest Adafruit's 12V 5A wall adapter. Adafruit show a temperature meter in a photo but that's not included, its just to show you how cold it gets.
Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A (7:28)
- The Peltier Module is 40mm x 40mm / 1.6" x 1.6"
- The aluminum plate is 40mm x 60mm / 1.6" x 2.4"
- The heat-sink is 90mm x 90mm / 3.5" x 3.5"
- The whole assembly is approximately 78mm / 3.1" tall
- Wire Length: 280mm / 11"
- Weight: 455g
- Wattage: 60W nominal (12V * 5A), 72W max
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Cooling Your Raspberry Pi
Part of the joy that is Raspberry Pi is getting stuck into it at a slightly lower level and finding out exactly what you can do with it if you take a look under the hood. One of the most popular experiments to do with your Raspberry Pi is overclockin...
- All About LEDs
Hello and welcome to our tutorial where we a look at all things LED. Now first of all, what is an LED? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is an electronic component used to convert electrical energy to light energy. This process is called electr...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.