This is for people who just want to get cold fast. The 12V Peltier module is mounted onto a 12V heatsink and fan assembly with thermal paste and an aluminum clamp. Simply connect to 12V 5A+ power supply and you will see frost appear on the aluminum plate within a minute. This assembly comes with the best Peltier Adafruit could get, so it can get even colder than the stand-alone module Adafruit stock, but we think the price is worth it. Just sitting on Adafruit's desk it got down to -3.6°C, nice and frosty!
Comes with the Peltier, heatsink, fan all assembled. You'll need a power supply to power it, we suggest Adafruit's 12V 5A wall adapter. Adafruit show a temperature meter in a photo but that's not included, its just to show you how cold it gets.
Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A (7:28)
- The Peltier Module is 40mm x 40mm / 1.6" x 1.6"
- The aluminum plate is 40mm x 60mm / 1.6" x 2.4"
- The heat-sink is 90mm x 90mm / 3.5" x 3.5"
- The whole assembly is approximately 78mm / 3.1" tall
- Wire Length: 280mm / 11"
- Weight: 455g
- Wattage: 60W nominal (12V * 5A), 72W max
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Cooling Your Raspberry Pi
Part of the joy that is Raspberry Pi is getting stuck into it at a slightly lower level and finding out exactly what you can do with it if you take a look under the hood. One of the most popular experiments to do with your Raspberry Pi is overclockin...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.