Sometimes a simple analog control device can be the perfect tactile solution for your project, but they can be surprisingly hard to come by. Luckily Adafruit have found a low cost, quality Mini Analog Joystick to fill you directional analog input needs!
Unlike most arcade-style joysticks which come with four clicking switches, this product has two 10KΩ potentiometers and a spring-back system. You can get a full 50 degrees in both X and Y directions. Connect one side of each potentiometer to ground, and the other side to a higher voltage and read the analog voltage off the middle. Great for robotics and other control interfaces. This joystick is durable and has a great feel to it. You could replace the springs if you want a stronger or weaker spring-back force.
- Resistance Value: 10 Kohm
- Resistance Tolerance: ±10%
- Independent Linearity: ±1%
- Temperature Coefficient Resistance: ±400ppm/°C
- Output Smoothness: 0.5% max
- X and Y Axis range: ±25°
- Mechanical Lifecycle: 500,000 cycle
- Operating Temperature Range: -10~80°C
Product Dimensions: 67.4mm x 52.7mm x 52.7mm / 2.7" x 2.1" x 2.1"
Product Weight: 55.9g / 2.0oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.