If you have a modern smart phone you may have noticed that it comes with built in wireless charging capability called 'Qi charging.' Qi is a trademark name for a thin and smart inductive charging system. Many large gadget companies have standardized on Qi, which means it's easy to find a charging dish and Adafruit thought it might be cool if your Arduino project can recharge itself wirelessly.
Adafruit have added a ton of Qi receivers but, until now, Adafruit haven't had a charging base. No longer! This is a super simple Qi transmitter. It will work with any standard Qi charger receivers - like the ones We carry here. You just connect the board to a 5v power supply - either through a micro USB port - then put your device w/ Qi receive onto the base. If you want to 'share' the microUSB power connection, you can also connect direct to the USB-A port
Maximum output is around 5W which is good for most smart phones, basically 1000mA charge at 5V on the other side of the wireless connection. It has a charging distance of 2-8mm, works with all Adafruit's Qi charge receivers. You can only use one receiver per transmitter so if you want to charge two Qi devices at once, you'll need 2 transmitters.
Note: PCB may come in blue or green!
- Input: 5V
- Input Current: 2A
- Maximum output power of 5W
- Operating Frequency: 100-200kHz
- Charging Distance: 2-8mm
- Charging Plate Dimensions: 53mm x 53mm x 4mm / 2.1" x 2.1" x 0.2"
- PCB Dimensions w/ Components: 55mm x 37mm x 6mm / 2.2" x 1.5mm x 0.2"
- Weight: 47g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Powering Portable Projects: Batteries
Want to make your project portable? We've put together a quick guide to get you up to speed on battery options and help you decide which batteries might be best for your project. Batteries are a whole different game to plug packs and benchtop power s...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.