Make your next project portable with the reliable battery technology that is Polymer Lithium Ion. These batteries have fast charge times, can reliably hold a charge, and come with complete safety circuitry built-in. These batteries are our go-to option for any portable project.
- POWER - With a cell voltage of 3.7 Volts, these batteries are perfect for microcontrollers and other low power devices, especially when paired with a good DC/DC regulator for logic level output.
- PROTECTION CIRCUIT - Built into the battery is an over-voltage, over-current, and minimum voltage protection circuit which makes them even easier to use, although care must be taken when using LiPo batteries. Be sure to only use a specific LiPo charger.
- CHARGING - Although these cells are rated for 2C continuous discharge, the wiring and connectors are only rated up to 1A, so be sure to take that into account when determining your project requirements.
Remember that like any power source, you should be extra careful not to short the power pins as doing so can damage your battery and cause it to swell/overheat, rendering it unusable and dangerous.
How to use a Lithium Polymer Battery in your project
We've got plenty of experience with Lithium batteries, with most of our projects being powered by them. We've written a guide that will explain the terminology, specifications and practical applications of LiPO batteries in a project:
If you need any help with using these batteries, get in touch. We're here to help.
- 1000mAh capacity
- Standard 2-pin JST-PH connector
- Rated for 2C continuous discharge
- Great energy retention with low self-discharge rates (<8% per month)
- Reliable under extreme conditions (-10 to 50C)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Circuit Playground Express Workshop for Educators and Beginners
Welcome to the Circuit Playground Express Workshop! This workshop is geared toward educators and coding beginners, who want to get started programming with this easy to use platform. We will go over everything you need to know to get you started prog...
- Choosing Your Next LiPo Battery
As technology gets smaller and more powerful, wearables and portable devices are becoming more common in our everyday lives. Makers are looking to make projects portable and with that comes the need for high capacity batteries that are reliable, powe...
- 3D Printing for the Circuit Playground
You’ve made yourself a great project for your Circuit Playground Express, now all you need is a box to put it in. How do you keep your Circuit Playground safe in a housing while still being able to press the buttons and use the sensors? Design ...
- Introducing MakeCode: Adafruit Circuit Playground Express
One of the greatest features of the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express is its MakeCode compatibility. MakeCode is an exciting coding interface that makes coding accessible for those with little or no exposure to how coding works or how it should be ...
- CircuitPython vs MicroPython: Key Differences
Have you ever wanted to program your microcontrollers with Python instead of Arduino? MicroPython and CircuitPython bring the ease of Python to microcontrollers by adding hardware support! In MicroPython, Python is largely unchanged other than the ad...
- Natural Disaster Sensor Project with Circuit Playground Express
There is some wild weather approaching! We need a way to give ourselves an early warning when a disaster strikes! In this project, we will use the Adafruit Circuit Playground Express to make an all in one Disaster Detection Station that will detect e...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.