Going from TTL to RS485 is made simple by this prototyping friendly module. On one side of the board are the TTL IOs, and on the other are the RS485. At the core is a MAX485 which is powered by 5V.
Why use RS485 managed by the MAX485? There is a lot on offer so let’s just look at the highlights:
- Operate from a Single 5V Supply
- Allows up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus
- Data rate: 2.5 Mbps
- Current-Limiting and Thermal Shutdown for Driver Overload Protection
- MAX485 Datasheet
As a whole, this module as a whole brings the above features and following functionality:
- Breadboard friendly design (standard 0.1" spacing)
- Easily identifiable connectors
- An optional terminal block for the TTL IOs
- Fully assembled, ready for use
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.