Micro-switches are often found in arcade buttons and joysticks but they're also really handy in any kind of mechatronics project or when you need a basic sensor. They are always 'tactile' (clicky feeling), and 'momentary' (the switch closes when pressed, then snaps open once released). They come in a few different varieties (mostly having to do with the contacts and how big the actuator is).
This microswitch has a flat metal lever actuator and two terminals. Normally they are not connected, when actuated they short together. We also have kinds with a bump actuator, roller lever and long wire. This is a basic micro switch for arcade and mini robots, and Adafruit don't have any detailed specifications for it so this switch is recommended for use with 30VDC and 250mA max.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.