Making a project that will fit into a "Altoids" Mint Tin? Put down that PCB shear and pick up a Perma-Proto in the new exciting minty shape!
Customers have asked Adafruit to carry basic perf-board, but Adafruit never liked the look of most basic perf: its always crummy quality, with pads that flake off and no labeling. Then Adafruit thought about how people actually prototype - usually starting with a solderless breadboard and then transferring the parts to a more permanent PCB. That's when Adafruit realized what people would really like is a proto board that makes it easy!
This proto-board is the PCB you always wish you had, but never realized it! Adafruit took the basic layout of a half-sized breadboard, extended it to the size of a mint tin and turned that into a beautiful PCB. The top side has a white silkscreen, and the same markings you're familiar with, to make transferring components easy. The bottom has 30 rows of 5-hole pad design that matches a classic breadboard, with 4 power bus lines on the sides, and no mask so you can easily cut traces when necessary. There are another 80 holes for general wiring on the edges. Adafruit used 1.2mm diameter drill holes so even parts with big leads will fit. All holes are thru-plated for strength - these wont peel off with rework. The finish is a gold plate - you won't get oxidation like with bare copper perf! There are also four big mounting holes so you can attach the PCB to the tin. A perfect match for a Altoids-sized mint tin
Comes one per package. Once you use a Perma-Proto board, you'll never go back!
- 30 rows of double 5-hole rows + 80 individual holes
- 4 power rails with positive/negative markings
- 3.6" x 2.24" (92mm x 57mm), 0.063" thick FR4
- 1.2mm / 0.047" drill holes
- Four 3.0mm mounting holes, 3" x 1.65" square
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.