Keep your power source safe and toasty in these waterproof 2xAA battery holders. They're just like classic switched battery holders, but designed for survival! The case has a rubber gasket around the edge of the case (its black and hard to see in the photos but it is there) and attaches together with 4 machine screws. What Adafruit like about this design is that the hexnuts are captive in one side and you can assemble/disassemble as many times as you need. There's a rubber-boot on-off switch (press to turn on/off). Use with any alkaline or rechargeable batteries for about 3V output.
As of January 31st, 2014 these can come either with the screwholes on the body of the battery holder OR on the outside. Both work the same!
Would work great with Adafruit's waterproof DC power plugs (just use heatshrink to waterproof the solder connections)
They also have a 3xAA version when you need a little more power
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.