Outdoor enthusiasts rejoice! Adafruit now have standard 5.5/2.1mm DC power cable sets in a waterproof variety. These cable sets are ideal for projects that must weather the weather: dust, water, rain, snow, tornado (not volcano proof!). They are a little bulkier than normal DC jacks because of the o-ring and removable over-screw. The o-ring is what makes the waterproof seal, and the over-screw keeps the two halves connected solidly
Comes as a set of two cables - one plug and one jack. The total length of the connected cables is 16" (40cm). The wires are color coded - red is center, black is ring - to match the most common center-positive polarity.
- Each half has a 7" long cable (not including the connector part)
- 16" total length when plugged together
- 5.5mm / 2.1mm 'standard' DC jack with coloring for center positive wiring
- 0.68" (18mm) diameter at widest point
- 0.172" (4.4mm) thick cable
- 20 grams per set
- IP67 rated
- PVC Connector & Jacket
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Powering Portable Projects: Batteries
Want to make your project portable? We've put together a quick guide to get you up to speed on battery options and help you decide which batteries might be best for your project. Batteries are a whole different game to plug packs and benchtop power s...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.