The LIS3DH Breakout is a smart, low-power, three-axis, capacitive micro-machined accelerometer with 12 bits of resolution that you can use to add translation detection to your project. It would be classified as a 3DoF, or 3 Degrees of Freedom. Inertial Measurement Units (or IMUs) can provide additional space location data, such as gyroscopic or magnetometric. The LIS3DH provided on this breakout operates under the same principles but gives a few analog inputs to play with, and it has some built-in movement detection abilities.
The LIS3DH is easy to set up; just wire up your choice of interface (SPI or I2C), supply 3.3V, and ground. This sensor works nicely with a breadboard for easy connection, and, because it gives some mass to the accelerometer, it more closely matches what might be expected from a project or cellphone.
The LIS3DH Breakout is a 3.3V device! Supplying voltages greater than ~3.6V can permanently damage the IC. As long as your Arduino has a 3.3V supply output, and you’re fine with using I2C, you shouldn’t need any extra level shifting. But if you want to use SPI, you may need a level shifter.
- Three Modes:
- ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g Dynamically Selectable Fullscale
- 10bit, 32-Level FIFO
- 6D/4D Orientation
- Free-fall Detection
- Motion Detection
- Embedded Temperature Sensor
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.