Solenoids are a great way to induce linear motion for pushing, pulling or controlling switches and levers. According to the datasheet this solenoid is rated for 36V but they work like a charm at 12V. We’ve been controlling them with the Arduino Power Driver Shield, there’s even some example code below. With a throw of 10mm these solenoids are great for all kinds of motion applications such as actuating door latches, automating percussion instruments or just poking people.
Note: The datasheet indicates a throw of 25mm however we’ve measured a throw of 10mm.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Controlling a Solenoid with an Arduino
We covered a whole bunch of rotational motion when we looked at DC motors. It’s only fair to give linear motion the same treatment. Electric solenoids work on similar electromagnetic principles to those of DC motors, however, solenoids can u...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.