Move fluid safely from here to there with this very nice little pump. Unlike most liquid pumps, this is a peristaltic type - the pump squishes the silicone tubing that contains the liquid instead of impelling it directly. The upshot? The pump never touches the fluid which makes this an excellent choice for any food/drink/sterile based pumping such as for making drink-bots or gardening robots!
The pump is basically a geared down DC motor, so it has a lot of torque. Inside the pump is a 'clover' pattern of rollers. As the motor turns, the clover presses on the tube to press the fluid though. The pump does not need to be primed and in fact can self-prime itself with water a half meter with ease. You can PWM the motor to speed up or slow down the flow rate and if you connect the motor the other way it will move fluid the other direction. Works great with either a power transistor (basic on/off) or a motor driver chip such as the L293D.
Please note The pump comes with a bit of silicone tubing already installed and two 1/2 meter pieces attached on with barbed connectors. However, the silicone tubing is not sterile and might be dirty on its way to you. Before using, the tubing must be sterilized! The included tubing is also not rated FDA or USDA compliant and is only meant for basic testing of the pump. If you need to purchase FDA/USDA compliant tubing for use with your food-hacking project check out McMaster-Carr. They have many types of silicone tubing available by the foot!
Wikipedia has a great article on peristaltic pumps, please check it out for more details on how these devices work!
- Uses approx 4mm outer diameter, 2mm inner silicone tubing, the pump tube size has changed on us, so please measure the tubing that comes with your pump to verify!
- Working Temperature: 0℃ - 40 ℃
- Motor voltage: 12VDC
- Motor current: 200-300mA
- Flow rate: up to 100 mL/min
- Weight: 200 grams
- Dimensions: 27mm diameter motor, 72mm total length
- Mounting holes: 2.7mm diameter, 50mm center-to-center distance
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.