ITO is a clear, conductive liquid/film and here Adafruit have it as a coating on a 1mm glass sheet. This is a very interesting and fun material, also used in scientific research and LCD/OLED manufacture! One side of the glass is coated in ITO, you can use the flat of a blade or similar to scrape away some of the film to create 'traces' - just be careful because as it is glass, any nick-lines will cause it to break on the line (that's how a glass cutter works) It may also be possible to use a laser cutter to pattern it. Adafruit are looking forward to seeing what people do with this cool stuff!
It's not possible to solder to this material, but you can use conductive inks, paints, copper tape (with conductive adhesive) and alligator clips to make contact.
Note: This product is for hobbyist use and experimentation - what does that mean? Don't use this for your big start up idea or KickStarter!
ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Coated Glass - 50mm x 50mm (12:52)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.