TheGrove - Moisture Sensor can be used to detect the moisture of soil, to judge if there is dampness around the sensor. It can be used to decide if the plants in a garden need watering. It can be used in gardens to automate watering plants. It can be used very easily by just inserting the sensor into the soil and reading the output using ADC.
NOTE: This sensor is not hardened against contamination or exposure of the control circuitry to water and may be prone to electrolytic corrosion across the probes , please use it for PROTOTYPING ONLY.
Grove compatible interface
Easy to use
Operating voltage: 3.3~5V
Operating current: 35mA
Sensor Output Value in dry soil: 0~ 300
Sensor Output Value in humid soil: 300~700
Sensor Output Value in water: 700 ~ 950
PCB size: 2.0cm X 6.0cm
Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents, add more demo code or tutorials. For technical support, please post your questions to our forum.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.