This is hot! Literally! Apply 5-12VDC and the stainless steel fibers in this heating fabric will warm up, creating a little heating pad. On one hand, it's just a gigantic resistor. On the other hand, it's flexible, light, and can be wrapped around a project. Originally designed for portable wearable heating pads, this fabric can be used for wearables, weather balloons, diy-bio projects, thermal cycling for materials testing, etc.
The temperature reached varies with voltage. This piece is ~ 10cm long, so look in the spec sheets in the Technical Details tab for a table of voltage/current/temperature outputs. You could PWM it with a power N-channel transistor if you want to have finer temperature control.
Electric Heating Pad - 10cm x 5cm (4:38)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.