These 1-wire digital temperature sensors are fairly precise (±0.5°C over much of the range) and can give up to 12 bits of precision from the onboard digital-to-analog converter. They work great with any microcontroller using a single digital pin, and you can even connect multiple ones to the same pin, each one has a unique 64-bit ID burned in at the factory to differentiate them. Usable with 3.0-5.0V systems.
The only downside is they use the Dallas 1-Wire protocol, which is somewhat complex, and requires a bunch of code to parse out the communication. There's a great Arduino library for 1-Wire, but some microcontrollers do not have support for 1-Wire so be sure to check!
Adafruit toss in a 4.7k resistor, which is required as a pullup from the DATA to VCC line when using the sensor. Adafruit don't have a detailed tutorial up yet but you can get started by using the Dallas Temperature Control Arduino library which requires also the OneWire Library.
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 9 to 12 bit selectable resolution
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Query time is less than 750ms
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.