This GPS module is well known amongst the community and is often used with the ArduCopter gear. At the core is a U-blox Neo-6 GPS receiver which has advanced power management and anti-jamming technology. The module takes care of all the hardware requirements leaving only 4 connections to your micro/external application (Vcc RX TX Gnd).
- Standalone GPS receiver
- 9600 baud (default setting; can be changed)
- 3.3V Device
- 3.3V TTL IOs; (FYI, the TX 3.3V 'high' state will be sufficient to drive normal 5V microcontroller TTL inputs without additional hardware)
- Onboard LED which flashes to indicate lock
- U-blox NEO-6M GPS module
- Under 1 second time-to-first-fix for hot and aided starts
- Indoor GPS: -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Anti-jamming technology
- Support SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- U-blox 6 50 channel positioning engine with over 2 million effective correlators
- 5Hz position update rate
- Operating temperature range: -40 TO 85°C
- UART TTL socket
- EEprom to store settings
You don't need to be a copter-expert to use this device! Just power it up and within a few moments you will have continuous GPS data being sent from the TX on the module.
Do not connect the RX pin to 5V signals - it will damage the module. Use a logic converter if you are using the RX on this module (which most people would not be).
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use GPS with Arduino - Parse and Log NMEA Sentences
Now that we've investigated and explained how How GPS Receivers work we can apply that understanding to some real-world applications of of the ideas. To start, we can use any GPS receiver, an Arduino Uno and some male-to-female Jumper cables. We...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.