It looks like a micro servo, it acts like a micro servo, but it's more than just a micro servo! Adafruit got a factory to custom-make these quality metal-geared 'micro' sized hobby servos with a twist - the feedback (potentiometer wiper) line is brought out to a fourth white wire. You can read this wire with an analog input such as those on an Arduino, to get the servo's position. That information can be used in robotics to improve stability or even allow 'recording' of servo motion.
Check out Adafruit's example Arduino sketch which demonstrates how to record motion data to the EEPROM and then play it back when a button is pressed. Comes with a range of horns as seen above.
Analog Feedback Micro Servo - Metal Gear (12:41)
- Dimensions: 11.58mm / 0.45" x 22.75mm / 0.89" x 29.19mm / 1.14"
- Max Dimensions: 11.58mm / 0.45" x 32.74mm / 1.28" x 31.19mm / 1.22"
- Wire length (at least): 131.67mm / 5.18" long
- Torque: 25 oz*in / 1.8 kg*cm @6V
- Speed: 0.1 sec/60° @6V
- Weight: 15.81 grams
- Dual ball bearing
- Metal gearbox
- Approx 120 degrees of rotation (500 to 2500 microseconds)
- Spline Count: 22
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Controlling Servo Motors with Arduino
Servo motors are extremely useful in so many different applications; it’d be good to learn how to control them! Solenoid and DC motor control have been shown already; for the most part, they are both pretty straightforward (only power and groun...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.