This kit is for making your own breadboard-friendly very low dropout adjustable power supply. A good power supply is essential to electronic projects. While there are many existing designs for adjustable power supplies, this one makes improvements that make it more useful for hobby designs
- MIC2941 regulator has guaranteed 1.25A output
- Low dropout, only 40mV - 400mV compared to 1.25V - 2.0V for LM317. This means you can use a wider range of output voltages including generating 3.3V from as low as 3.7V (such as 3 AA's or a lithium ion battery)!
- Short circuit and overheating protection
- Input diode to protect circuitry from negative voltages or AC power supplies.
- 2.1mm DC jack and terminal connector for voltage inputs
- Two indicator LEDs for high and low voltages
- Output selection switch to select from 3.3v, 5v and Adjustable (also has a breakout for the voltage you're powering the boad with)
- Onboard potentiometer for adjusting voltage from 1.25V up to within 0.5V of the input voltage. (20V max)
- On/Off switch for entire board
- Heat sink included
Project kit comes as components to be soldered to the included PCB. It's not a difficult project, about 30-45 minutes with a soldering iron. Even beginners can make it! You'll need a soldering iron, solder, diagonal cutters and a PCB holder such as a helping hand tool. Breadboard and battery clip or DC power supply is not included, you can use any DC power supply with 2.1mm plug (we have a nice one in the shop).
For design documents, instructions, parts list, etc. Check out the project webpage!
- Dimensions(PCB only): 54mm x 21mm x 1.6mm (2.1in x 0.8in x 0.06in)
- Dimensions(assembled): 54mm x 43mm x 16.6mm(2.1in x 1.7in x 0.6in)
- Weight: 16g / 0.5oz
Documentation and Resources:
- Our recommendation on Breadboard Power Supplies
So, you’re looking for the right way to power your breadboard? You’ve found that your Arduino Uno just doesn’t quite have the juice to power up your circuit. It's likely that the microcontroller can output around 400mA when using th...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.