This tiny coin cell battery holder is ideal for small portable or wearable projects. It holds two 20mm coin cells (2032 are the most popular size) in series to generate 6V nominal. (If you want only 3V, we suggest sticking a crumpled piece of tin foil in one of the slots.) 20mm coin cells are popular as they are used in keychain lights, so they are easy to get, and fairly low cost. They tend to have about 220mAh capacity so this holder would give you 6V @ 220mAh with two cells.
The holder is made of plastic and snaps open and closed. You can tape it closed if you need more security than just the plastic snap. A nice extra is the on/off switch up top. Adafruit had the factory place a 2mm JST PH connector on the end but you can cut it off if you want to solder on a different connector.
This item does not include any 2032 coin cells. We do stock those separately, so if you want batteries to go with this, please pick up two of them!
- Weight: 4.7 grams when empty, 10.5 grams with two 2032 batteries installed
- Size: 53mm x 23mm x 6mm
- 6" long (150mm) wires
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Powering Portable Projects: Batteries
Want to make your project portable? We've put together a quick guide to get you up to speed on battery options and help you decide which batteries might be best for your project. Batteries are a whole different game to plug packs and benchtop power s...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.