Need some really bright LEDs? Adafruit are big fans of these 5mm clear UV / Purple LEDs. These emit UV 'blacklight' in the UVA spectrum so they are great for projects with fluorescent materials referred to as UV/blacklight-reactive or 'glow-in-the dark'. They are bright (350mcd) and have about a 20-degree LED beam. They go easily into a breadboard and come in a pack of ten so you can easily add that extra UV zing to your project.
If you need some help using LEDs, please read Adafruit's "Introduction to using LEDs" tutorial for any electronics project.
- Forward Voltage: 3.4V typical @ 20mA
- Maximum Forward Current: 25mA (20mA recommended)
- Maximum Reverse Voltage: 5V
- Maximum Reverse Current: 10uA
- Brightness: 350mcd typical
- Wavelength: 400nm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40ºC to 85ºC
Dimensions of one LED:
- Diameter at Base: 5mm / 0.2"
- Height of LED: 9mm / 0.35"
- Length of Pins: 29mm / 1.1"
- Weight: 0.3g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Addressable RGB LED Controllers
Addressable RGB LED strips are one maker favourite that can really spruce up any project or even be the star attraction of one. These strips allow you to select the colour, brightness and state of any LED in a long strip and can make for some truly...
- What Are NeoPixel LEDs?
So in case you haven’t heard yet, digital LEDs are the go-to solution for any project that uses RGB LEDs and you want to avoid the rat's nest that ensures when using multiple RGB LEDs, each colour requiring its own connection. Digital...
- What Are DotStar LEDs?
So in case you haven’t heard yet, digital LEDs are the go-to solution for any project that uses RGB LEDs and you want to avoid the rat's nest that ensures when using multiple RGB LEDs, each colour requiring its own connection. Digitally address...
- All About LEDs
Hello and welcome to our tutorial where we a look at all things LED. Now first of all, what is an LED? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is an electronic component used to convert electrical energy to light energy. This process is called electr...
- Time lapsing in OctoPrint (Properly!)
Now that we have decked out our Lulzbot Taz 6 3D Printer with a really nice looking acrylic enclosure, I'm just about ready to turn on some serious 3D printing work. But before I dive into that endless pool of fun, it's a good time to take 5 minutes and set up our Taz 6 and it's OctoPrint Server with a bed-mounted camera and light system. That way I can monitor my prints from the other side of the warehouse using OctoPrint, and m...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.