Add a tiny joystick to your project with this PSP thumbstick. This is a replacement component for PSP1000's, but we think they'd make for a great little joystick/thumbstick add-on for a wearable, or portable project.
The joystick is a 'self-centering' analog-type. That means it basically acts like two 10K potentiometers, one for up/down and another for left/right. Connect one the VCC pin to your power supply (3 or 5V is best) and the ground pin to ground. Then read the two remaining pins with an analog pin each. As the joystick is moved around, the voltage will follow the motion. When you release the joystick it will center itself. There are 4 pads on the bottom, you are best off soldering 4 wires to these pins and then gluing the whole thing down.
For a tutorial on how to read analog joysticks, check out this Arduino tutorial - it can easily be extended to any microcontroller!
Sadly, we do not have a datasheet for this item
- Interface: Dual 10K potentiometers with common ground and power
- Dimensions: 0.75" x 0.75" x 0.35" (19mm x 19mm x 9 mm)
- Operating temp range: +32°F to +158°F (0°C to +70°C)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.