Nothing makes a project harder to maintain than a lot of loose wiring. That's why Adafruit like to use terminal blocks whenever making PCB-to-Wire connections. These particular 3.5mm terminal blocks are Adafruit's favorite: big enough for a range of wire gauges, easy to adjust with a screwdriver, and not too chunky. The only down-side is that they do not fit into 2.5mm spaced holes (they're 3.5mm spaced) - but they do fit in most perf/proto-board if you rotate them diagonally (see photo above). They don't fit nicely into solderless breadboards.
These terminal blocks are designed to 'snap' together. You can attach as many 3-pin or 2-pin ones along as you'd like to make arbitrary length of terminal block.
So useful, Adafruit sell them as a pack of 5! Each order will net you 5 pieces of 3-pin connectors. Check out Adafruit's 5 x 2-pin connector pack as well.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.