This 316L stainless steel thread falls somewhere between a thick thread and a thin yarn. Most sewing machines wouldn't be happy with this thread since its thick, and it has the 'furry' soft feel of yarn which makes it poor for most e-textiles/wearables projects. However, the high conductivity and softness make it a great thread for making iPhone gloves!
Sew a couple inches into the pad of your gloves to keep your hands toasty while you use your iPhone, iPad or any other device with a 'capacitive' touch screen. Because capacitive sensors sense your finger through conductivity, not pressure, they don't work when you wear your gloves - they act as insulators. Just follow Becky Stern's awesome tutorial and in 10 minutes flat you will have upgraded winter wear
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.