Pogo pins are little spring-loaded contacts, very handy for making jigs, or making momentary (but electrically solid) contacts. Adafruit use them by the dozen for making programming and testing jigs but they're handy also if say you want to JTAG program a board that you cant solder headers to - just shove these thin contacts into a 0.1" pitch IDC programming cable and press it onto the contacts.
These particular pins are (in Adafruit's opinion) ideal because they are skinny enough to fit into most proto board or perf board - they have a 1.0mm/0.04" diameter body (the gold part) but the spring contact head is 1.5mm (0.06") wide. The uncompressed length is 16.5mm/0.65", compressed is 14.5mm/0.57"
- Diameter (body): 1mm / 0.04"
- Diameter (spring contact head): 1.5mm / 0.06"
- Uncompressed Length: 16.5mm / 0.65"
- Compressed Length: 14.5mm / 0.57"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Prototyping a Circuit: Methods and Tools
Ah prototyping, the backbone of maker electronics, well really all electronics. Any successful device, product, or idea doesn’t just appear as a finished concept, it goes through stages of product and one of those is prototyping. In fact, for m...
- Fritzing for Schematic and PCB Design
Fritzing is a completely free Circuit Design program available across all popular operating systems. The program was designed to support hobbyists, hackers, artists and makers (and all creative minds) in taking the step from concept to prototype to p...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.