Pogo pins are little spring-loaded contacts, very handy for making jigs, or making momentary (but electrically solid) contacts. Adafruit use them by the dozen for making programming and testing jigs but they're handy also if say you want to JTAG program a board that you cant solder headers to - just shove these thin contacts into a 0.1" pitch IDC programming cable and press it onto the contacts.
These particular pins are (in Adafruit's opinion) ideal because they are skinny enough to fit into most proto board or perf board - they have a 1.0mm/0.04" diameter body (the gold part) but the spring contact head is 1.3mm (0.05") wide. The uncompressed length is 16.5mm/0.65", compressed is 13.8mm/0.54"
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.