In recent years non-contact measurement methods have been used for medical, environmental monitoring, home automation, automotive electronic, aerospace and military applications.
Our latest infrared temperature measurement module is the MLX90614. This module measures the surface temperature by detecting infrared radiation energy and wavelength distribution. The IR temperature probe consists of an optical system, photoelectric detector, amplifier, signal processing and output module. The optical system collects the infrared radiation in its field of view and the infrared radiation energy is converted in to corresponding electrical signals when converging on the photoelectric detector. After being processed by the amplifier and signal processing circuit, the signal is converted in to a temperature value. The MLX90614 is self calibrating and has a low noise amplifier integrated in to the signal processing chip. The chip itself is a 17 bit ADC and DSP device, giving accurate and reliable results.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V - 5V
- Operating Current: 1.2mA
- Temperature: -70.01℃ to +382.19℃, (0.01 ℃ resolution)
- Interface Type: I2C
- Interface Line Sequence: VCC, GND, SCL, SDA
- Dimensions: 31.5*18 mm/1.24 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 15g
- on-contact IR Thermometer Sensor x1
- JST PH2.0 4-Pin cable x1
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.