Turn any surface/wall/table etc into a speaker with a surface transducer. This type of speaker does not have a moving cone like most speakers you've seen. Instead, a small metal rod is wrapped with the voice coil. When current is pulsed through the coil, the magnetic field causes a piece of metal to expand and contract - and if it's pressed against a surface it turns the transducer into a speaker!
Often these size transducers are pressed up against a flat surface to turn it into a sounding board. The effect is a surprisingly clear sound that comes from the surface itself. The body of the transducer is heavy so that it can be placed with the rubber top down on a table. And for another fun trick, put the transducer at the end of a large plastic cup to point sound in a particular direction.
This transducer is about 28mm in diameter and has 4Ω impedence and should be run at about 3W. It pairs great with any of our audio amps such as the TS2012 breakout or MAX98306. Just connect it as you would any other speaker, Adafruit even have some wires pre-soldered on.
- Height: 27mm / 1.1"
- Diameter: 28mm / 1.1"
- Length of Wires: 115mm / 4.5"
- Weight: 74g
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Power rating: 3W
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.