MCP3424 is one of the low noise and high accuracy 18-Bit delta-sigma analog-to-digital (ΔΣ A/D) converter family members of the MCP342X series. Its characteristic is:
Self calibration of internal offset and gain per each conversion.
User can select the PGA gain before the analog-to-digital conversion takes place. This allows the device to convert a very weak input signal with high resolution.
The device have two conversion modes:
- (a)One-Shot mode: the device performs a single conversion and enters a low current standby mode automatically until it receives another conversion command.
- (b)Continuous mode: the conversion takes place continuously at the set conversion speed.
- Temperature Sensing with RTD, Thermistor, and Thermocouple
- Bridge Sensing for Pressure, Strain, and Force
- Weigh Scales
- Battery Fuel Gauges
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 - 5.5V
- Standy Current: 300nA （5V）
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ +125°C
- On-Board Voltage Reference: 2.048V ± 0.05%, Drift 15 PPM /°C
- On-Board Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA): x1,x2,x4,x8
- Differential Input Full Scale Range: -2.048V / PGA ~ 2.048V / PGA (e.g., PGA=4, Range is -0.512 ~ 0.512V)
- Programmable Resolution: 12, 14, 16, 18bits
- Programmable Data Rate: 240, 60, 15, 3.75 SPS
- Gain Error: 0.05% (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Offset Error: 15uV (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Input Interface: 4 differential channels, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Output Interface: I2C, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Size: 27x16mm
- MCP3424 18-Bit ADC-4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier x1
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Digital to Analogue Conversion with Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi right? It’s amazing! Raspberry Pi has taken the world by storm and changed the way that people think about computing. The Raspberry Pi 3 builds on this with some amazing new features, however one feature that is still absent is the...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.