This large (30mm diameter) piezo element is nicely enclosed with mounting holes so you can attach easily. Piezo elements convert vibration to voltage or voltage to vibration. That means you can use this as a buzzer for making beeps, tones and alerts AND you can use it as a sensor, to detect fast movements like knocks. You can also use it under a drum pad to make a drum/crash sensor
It's rated for up to 12Vpp use but you can also use 3 or 5V square waves and its plenty loud. For music use with an Arduino, check out the Tone tutorial. For sensing, the Knock tutorial is your guide! There are thin wires attached, Adafruit plugged them into a solderless breadboard, but they might too thin to plug in directly into the Arduino socket headers.
- Rated Voltage (Square Wave): 12Vp-p
- Operating Voltage: 1-30Vp-p
- Rated Current (MAX): 3.5mA
- Min. Sound Output at ten cm: 85db
- Resonant Frequency: 1300Hz ± 500 / 4000HZ ± 500
- Operating Temperature: -20℃ ~ +60℃
- Mounting Hole Width: 41mm / 1.6"
- Diameter: 30mm / 1.2"
- Center diameter: 5.7mm / 0.2"
- Weight: 4.3g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.