This small (14mm diameter) piezo element is nicely enclosed so you can attach easily. Piezo elements convert vibration to voltage or voltage to vibration. That means you can use this as a buzzer for making beeps, tones and alerts AND you can use it as a sensor, to detect fast movements like knocks. You can also use it under a drum pad to make a drum/crash sensor
It's rated for up to 9Vpp use but you can also use 3V square waves and its plenty loud. For music use with an Arduino, check out the Tone tutorial. For sensing, the Knock tutorial is your guide! There are thin wires attached, Adafruit plugged them into a solderless breadboard, but they might too thin to plug in directly into the Arduino socket headers.
- Resonant Frequency: 8kHz
- Max Rated Current: 3.0mA
- Rated Voltage: 9V
- Operating Temperature: -20ºC ~ 70ºC
- Maximum Input Voltage: 40V
- External Diameter: 14mm / 0.55"
- Center Circumference: 5.5mm / 0.2"
- Thickness: 2.5mm / 0.1"
- Weight: 0.5g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.