Would you like to add powerful and easy-to-use Bluetooth Low Energy to your wearable FLORA project? Heck yeah! With BLE now included in modern smart phones and tablets, its fun to add wireless connectivity. So what you really need is the new Adafruit Flora Bluefruit LE!
The Flora Bluefruit LE makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to your Flora. Sew 4 traces (or solder 4 wires) and BooM! Bluetooth Low Energy!
Get started fast with the Bluefruit App!
Using Adafruit's Bluefruit iOS App or Android App, you can quickly get your interactive project prototyped by using your iOS or Android phone/tablet as a controller. Adafruit have a color picker, quaternion/accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer or location (GPS), and an 8-button control game pad. After you connect to the Bluefruit, you can send commands wirelessly in under 10 minutes
For advanced hackers, they'll be very happy to use the standard Nordic UART RX/TX connection profile. In this profile, the Bluefruit acts as a data pipe, that can 'transparently' transmit back and forth from your iOS or Android device. You can use our iOS App or Android App, or write your own to communicate with the UART service.
You can do a lot more too!
- The Bluefruit can also act like an HID Keyboard (for devices that support BLE HID)
- Can become a BLE Heart Rate Monitor (a standard profile for BLE) - you just need to add the pulse-detection circuitry
- Turn it into a UriBeacon, the Google standard for Bluetooth LE beacons. Just power it and the Bluefruit will bleep out a URL to any nearby devices with the UriBeacon app installed.
- Built in over-the-air bootloading capability so they can keep you updated with the hottest new firmware. Use any Android or iOS device to get updates and install them!
This is the same module and firmware as Adafruit's BLE UART Friend but in a nice rounded shape, so you can switch between the two and have the same working code. This Bluefruit LE does not have the hardware flow control pins (Flora doesn't need 'em) so it is best used with a microcontroller with hardware serial support (like, y'know, the Flora!)
- ARM Cortex M0 core running at 16MHz
- 256KB flash memory
- 32KB SRAM
- Transport: UART @ 9600 baud
- Bootloader with support for safe OTA (Over The Air) firmware updates
- Easy AT command set to get up and running quickly
- Diameter: 30.5mm / 1.2"
- Height: 4mm / 0.16"
- Weight: 2.5g
- Datasheet, EagleCAD PCB files, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.