Level shifting chips let you connect 3V and 5V devices together safely. This chip is similar to others in the shop (such as the 74LVC125) except this one is particularly good at converting 3V logic up to 5V. This is in demand especially when connecting some 3V devices such as the Teensy 3 to NeoPixels! Just power the 74AHCT125 with 5V, it will detect 3V logic properly. You can also use it to connect 5V logic out to 3V logic in, that's when you want to power the 74AHCT125 with 3V, it can safely read 5V logic on the input pins.
To use, apply ~5V power to the VCC pin, common ground to the ground pin, and tie the /OE (output enable) pins to ground. Data goes in on the A pins and goes out on the matching Y pins. Check the datasheet for the pinouts!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.