Better grab your sunglasses, your sunscreen, and a bucket hat because this 3W RGB LED is so bright it's like like taking a beach vacation ON THE SUN. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but these are really bright.
This is a 3-9W RGB LED, basically the same thing you've got on a little 5mm breadboard version, but with huge chunks of silicon that can handle large currents. Each of the red, green, and blue dice can handle continuous ~350-750mA current draw (with peaks of 2A) so you can drive this at an eye-blistering 9W. The light output is 150 lumens (150,000 millicandela) total at 3W, and ~300 lumens that at 9W.
Each order comes with one 3-9W LED on an aluminum PCB/holder/heatsilk. Please note that even though the PCB acts as a heatsink, 3-9W is a lot of power to dissipate as heat so you will need an additional heatsink or fan or other cooling mechanism! Adabot, Adafruit Metro, and components are not included.
If you're looking for an LED that draws less power and is a bit less bright, We also carry a 3W RGB version here.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.