Keep your power source safe and toasty in these waterproof 3xAA battery holders. They're just like classic switched battery holders, but designed for survival! The case has a rubber gasket around the edge of the case (its black and hard to see in the photos but it is there) and attaches together with 4 machine screws. What Adafruit like about this design is that the hexnuts are captive in one side and you can assemble/disassemble as many times as you need. There's a potted power switch and a rubber-boot on-off switch (press to turn on/off). Use with any alkaline or rechargeable batteries for about 4.5V output.
Would work great with Adafruit's waterproof DC power plugs (just use heatshrink to waterproof the solder connections)
The power cable wires are not polarity marked, use any multimeter to verify the polarity during use.
They also have a 2xAA version when you need a smaller & lighter box
- Weight: 36 grams
- 2" (2.5" with machine screw ears) x 3" x.8" (50mm (63mm with machine screw ears) x 77mm x 20mm)
- 6" (150mm) long power cable
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Choosing Your Next LiPo Battery
As technology gets smaller and more powerful, wearables and portable devices are becoming more common in our everyday lives. Makers are looking to make projects portable and with that comes the need for high capacity batteries that are reliable, powe...
- Powering Portable Projects: Batteries
Want to make your project portable? We've put together a quick guide to get you up to speed on battery options and help you decide which batteries might be best for your project. Batteries are a whole different game to plug packs and benchtop power s...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.