Thermocouples are best used for measuring temperatures that can go above 100°C. This is a bare wires stainless-steel tip probe which can measure air or surface temperatures. Most inexpensive thermocouples have a vinyl covering which can melt at around 200°C, this one uses a fiberglass braid so it can be used in high temperature measurements such as heaters and ovens. There's a small piece of heat shrink on the connector ends of the wire to keep the fiberglass from fraying, and a 2 cm long stainless steel probe on the opposite end.
- K type thermocouple with glass over-braiding
- Good up to 500°C (900°F)!
- Color-coded wires
- 1 meter long (a little more than 3 feet)
- Best used with a thermocouple amplifier such as the MAX31855, AD8495 or MAX31856
Adafruit have a handy tutorial which covers thermocouple use including an Arduino library and example code! Also make sure to check the guide for the thermocouple amplifier you choose.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.