After tens of millions of years of evolution, chameleons have formed a biological instinct where they can change the color of their skin to match their environment. This technique has enabled them to avoid detection from predators.
We have taken inspiration from nature to develop the TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor. Using optical techniques, this sensor detects colors in its surrounding environment and provides a digital return of red, green, blue (RGB) values which is able to recreate the colors using these values.
The TCS34725 has a high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, and includes an IR blocking filter making it an ideal color sensing solution for use under varied lighting conditions. The sensor also includes four ultra-bright LEDs to allow the sensor to work without external light resources.
The module works via your Arduino I2C bus and includes PH2.0-4P and XH2.54 (breadboard) interfaces to meet a range of user scenarios.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3-5V
- Operating Current: 65 uA
- Detection Range: 3 - 10 mm
- The Clock Frequency: 0 - 400 KHZ
- Interface: I2C
- Temperature Range: -30℃ - + 70 ℃
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 23 mm/ 0.73 x 0.9”
- Weight: 12g
- TCS34725 I2C Color Sensor For Arduino x1
- PH2.0-4P I2C Cable x1
- XH2.54-3P Pin Headers x2
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.