You take your soldering seriously, so you deserve a serious IC extractor tool. Adafruit purposefully never carried the cheap bent-sheet IC extractors, and if you've ever used one you know why. They should call them "IC try-to-extract-but-end-up-bending-half-the-pins-ors" and even with a lot of experience they're just a pain. The Japanese made IC extractor is an exception, it's got ground tips that can wedge in there to lift the chip. Instead of a painful hand-grip, you can use the thumb-wheel to dial in the exact right size.
Professional IC Extraction Tool (2:30)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.