This Lithium Polymer Ion based battery is a slim, lightweight battery that is perfect for a portable project! LIPO chemistry is the highest energy density chemistry around and due to that, you get nominal 3.7V at 6000mAh! This battery comes terminated with a standard 2-pin JST-PH connector - 2mm spacing between pins. Do not attempt to charge these with anything but a charger specifically designed for Lithium Ion batteries.
This battery is terminated with a standard 2-pin JST-PH connector (that is with 2mm pin spacing).Do not attempt to charge these with anything but a charger specifically designed for Lithium Ion batteries.
Do not attempt to charge these with anything but a charger specifically designed for Lithium Ion batteries, or you risk some damage to your battery.
This battery includes built-in protection against over voltage, over current, and minimum voltage (all present under the yellow plastic at the top of the battery).
- The battery is rated for 2C continuous discharge, however the wiring is only rated for 1A so be careful.
- The JST connectors can also be quite fragile. While they stick in quite well, tugging on them can damage the connector. Check this tutorial from Sparkfun for the safe removal method.
- You should also exercise caution when using these batteries in a wearable project, unless you are seasoned with LiPO operation you should stick with Coin Cell batteries.
- 2C continuous discharge
- Standard 2-pin JST-PH connector
- Excellent long-term self-discharge rates (<8% per month)
- Robust power source under extreme conditions (-10 to 50C)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Choosing Your Next LiPo Battery
As technology gets smaller and more powerful, wearables and portable devices are becoming more common in our everyday lives. Makers are looking to make projects portable and with that comes the need for high capacity batteries that are reliable, powe...
- How to Conserve Battery Life with IoT Projects
If you’ve ever created a project that uses batteries, you’ll be well aware how hard it can be to decide on elements in the project which can affect the battery life. You end up ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’ for ages about ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use Solar LiPO Chargers
Every day, Solar energy bombards Earth with about 173,000 terawatts of power. That's close to the yearly electricity bill for Planet Earth. Solar energy is free power from the stars. So the question stands, why aren't we using it more? Price and spac...
- Powerboost your LiPo Batteries
We're going to pick up where the LiPo Battery tutorial left off and look closer at the Adafruit Powerboost modules for charging your LiPos. We talked about the rules of using these batteries and how to make sure you don't set your project a light whe...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.