Transistors are powerful little electronic switches, and Adafruit really like these NPN transistors whenever Adafruit need to control medium-power electronics such as small motors, solenoids, or IR LEDs. Adafruit find them so handy, they come in a pack of 10!
Each transistor is a general purpose amplifier, model PN2222 (same pinout as the 2N3904) and has a standard EBC pinout. They can switch up to 40V at peak currents of 1A (not continuously, just peak!), with a DC gain of about 100. They're basically your garden-variety NPN, and do the job with class! For more details, check the datasheet.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.