The premise of this MicroUSB to 5.5/2.1mm DC Barrel Jack Adapter is simple. There's a MicroUSB plug on one end and a 5.5mm/2.1mm DC barrel jack with center positive polarity on the other. This allows you to connect one of our 5V 2 Amp, 5V 4A or 5V 10 Amp adapters to something that expects to connect to 5V USB. We also have a cable-version of this, but this one is compact and cute!
Since this does not have any resistors or other connections inside for the data lines, this won't work for charging an iPhone, iPod or iPad or other device which expects some sort of resistance on the D+ and D- connections. It does, however, work great for Arduinos, BeagleBones, Raspberry Pis, many generic cellphones & Android devices, as well as most other USB-powered gadgets.
There is no regulator or voltage protection in this adapter. If you plug in a 9V or 12V power supply in, you could destroy something expecting only ~5V so be very careful!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.