These panels come to Adafruit from Voltaic Systems, makers of fine solar-powered bags and packs. These are waterproof, scratch resistant, and UV resistant. They use a high efficiency monocrystalline cell. They output 6V at 330 mA via 3.5mm x 1.1mm DC jack connector. The substrate is an aluminum / plastic composite, specifically designed to be strong and lightweight. They can easily stand up to typical outdoor use including being dropped and leaned on. They're very high quality and suggested for projects that will be exposed to the outdoors.
New! These now come with 4 plastic mounting screws which makes it easy to attach the panel, even to fabric!
To connect, we suggest a 3.5mm OD/1.1mm ID DC jack or you can use this handy 2.1mm adapter cable which will turn it into a standard 5.5mm/2.1mm DC plug
If you want to use this to charge a battery or run your project, check out Adafruit's optimized Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger!
Please note: Depending on availability, Adafruit may stock 'charcoal' or 'silver' colored panels. They have the same size and efficiency, just a slightly different look. If you order multiple panels you may receive a mix! Some of these panels may also have a different colored cable. They also work just the same - just have a slightly different look!
- Size: 4.4" x 5.4" / 110mm x 140mm
- Weight: 3 ounces / 90 grams
- Cell type: Monocrystaline
- Cell efficiency: 19%+
- 2.27 Watts Peak Power
- Length: 111.86mm/4.40in
- Width: 135.83mm/5.34in
- Thickness (without screws): 4.72mm/0.18in
- Thickness (with screws): 9.82mm/0.38in
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to use Solar LiPO Chargers
Every day, Solar energy bombards Earth with about 173,000 terawatts of power. That's close to the yearly electricity bill for Planet Earth. Solar energy is free power from the stars. So the question stands, why aren't we using it more? Price and spac...
- Powering Portable Projects: Batteries
Want to make your project portable? We've put together a quick guide to get you up to speed on battery options and help you decide which batteries might be best for your project. Batteries are a whole different game to plug packs and benchtop power s...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.