This is a high-quality, optical, rotary encoder with standard quadrature configuration. Each channel is 400 pulse/rev giving a combined maximum of 1600 edge/rev in dual-phase (4x) output. Use it for speed (angular velocity) or relative position measurement.
Outputs are open-collector (NPN), so you can connect them directly with a microcontroller (Arduino, STM32, PLC) with internal pull-up resistors enabled.
Note: If you want to visualise the output on an oscilloscope, you'll need pull-up resistors on the outputs.
- Supply Voltage: 4.8V ~ 24v
- Encoder Body Size: Φ39× 36.5mm
- Output Shaft Diameter: Φ6 × 13mm
- Outside Shaft Platform: Φ20 × 4.85 mm
- Fixing Holes Screws: M3
- Weight: 234 g
- Max speed: 5000 rpm
- Encoder x1
- Encoder mounting bracket x1
- 6mm coupling x1
- Screw accessories x1
- 10K resistors x2
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.