Your wearable can now keep you from getting sunburnt, with the Flora digital UV index sensor. Adafruit took Adafruit's popular SI1145 UV index sensor and cut out everything you don't need for using with a Flora. It's small, round, and connects to the I2C bus pads. Flora can even use Adafruit's library code to get calibrated light level and UV index data from the sensor.
Please note: this sensor can be used by Flora but is too complex for Gemma!
To use: connect the 3V, SDA and SCL, and GND pads of the sensor to your Flora 3V/SDA/SCL/GND pads, in that order. Then load up Adafruit's Arduino library and example code from Adafruit's tutorial to your Flora.
- IR Sensor Spectrum: Wavelength: 550nm-1000nm (centered on 800)
- Visible Light Sensor Spectrum: Wavelength: 400nm-800nm (centered on 530)
- Voltage Supply: Power with 3 VDC
- I2C address 0x60 (7-bit)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
Breakout Board details:
- Diameter: 14mm / 0.6"
- Height: 2mm / 0.08"
- Weight: 0.3g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.