If you've started designing your own PCBs in Eagle or KiCad and want to make your PCB a reality, you may start out with an etching system to pattern out traces. But that's only half the job! You'll also need a way to drill some tiny and accurate holes. That's why Adafruit have started selling these PCB drill tips in a variety of sizes.
They're made from carbide (tungsten steel) and are suitable for circuit boards, electronics, SMT, molding, metal processing, telecommunications, and other uses. Each drill tip has a high hardness, wear resistance and strength and they're also super sharp which helps when drilling through PCBs. The drill bits also don't easily bend or break and come in a nice plastic case to store your tips when you're not using them.
This product comes with one 0.5mm Carbide PCB Drill Bit in a protective plastic case.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.