Is this not the cutest little display for the Raspberry Pi? It features a 2.4" display with 320x240 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay. The HAT uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top!
It's designed to fit nicely onto the Pi Model Zero, A+, B+, Pi 2, Pi 3 - any Pi with a 2x20 connector.
This design uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25 and #24. All other GPIO are unused. Since Adafruit had a tiny bit of space, there's 5 spots for optional slim tactile switches wired to five GPIOs, that you can use if you want to make a basic user interface. For example, you can use one as a power on/off button.
To make it super easy for use: Adafruit have created a custom kernel package based of off Notro's awesome framebuffer work, so you can install it over your existing Raspbian (or derivative) images in just a few commands.
Each order ships with an assembled HAT with 2.4" TFT display with resistive touchscreen and a 2x20 female socket header. Some light soldering is required to attach the header but it is easy work for anyone with a soldering iron & solder.Alternatively, you can use a stacking type header instead if you'd like to plug a 2x20 GPIO cable on top
Raspberry Pi, Pi enclosure, 26-pin GPIO cable, tactile switches are not included!
- Board Dimensions: 65mm x 57mm / 2.6" x 2.2"
- Screen Dimensions: 55mm x 40mm / 2.2" x 1.6"
- 320x240 resolution, 2.4" diagonal TFT with 16-bit color
- Datasheets, EagleCAD PCB files, Fritzing object and more available in the product tutorial
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.