The cute PiTFT got even more adorable with this little primary display for Raspberry Pi in HAT form! It features a 2.2" display with 320x240 16-bit color pixels. The HAT uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display as a console, X window port, displaying images or video etc. Best of all it plugs right in on top of your Model A+ or B+ and fits into Adafruit's case quite nicely.
It's designed to plug directly onto the Raspberry Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi Zero or Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ or B+ . While not specifically designed for Pi Model A or B, you can use it with A/B if you solder in an extra-tall 2x13 header (not included) instead of the included 2x20 header
This design uses the hardware SPI pins (SCK, MOSI, MISO, CE0, CE1) as well as GPIO #25. All other GPIO are unused and are available on a 25-pin long breakout line. Since Adafruit had a tiny bit of space, there's 4 flat tactile switches wired to four GPIOs, that you can use if you want to make a basic user interface. For example, you can use one as a power on/off button.
Comes as a fully assembled display PCB and an additional 2x20 GPIO header. Some light soldering is required to attach the 2x20 GPIO header to the HAT but it's fast and easy for anyone with a soldering iron and solder. You can also swap the plain female header Adafruit have with a 'stacky' type that lets you plug in a hat or GPIO cable on top or a slim ultra-low-profile header.
To make it super easy for use: Adafruit have created a custom kernel package based of off Notro's awesome framebuffer work, so you can install it over your existing Raspbian (or derivative) images in just a few commands. Adafruit's tutorial series shows you how to install the software, play small videos, or display images such as from your PiCam and more!
- Board Dimensions: 65mm x 57mm x 6mm / 2.6" x 2.2" x 0.2"
- Screen Dimensions: 55mm x 40mm / 2.2" x 1.6"
- As of July 28, 2016 Adafruit have a version that breaks out the GND, 3.3V and 5V power pins as well
- Datasheets, schematic, PCB files, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.