It's summer and you're sweating and your hair's all frizzy and all you really want to know is why the weatherman said this morning that today's relative humidity would max out at a perfectly reasonable 52% when it feels more like 77%. Enter the HTU21D-F Temperature + Humidity Sensor - the best way to prove the weatherman wrong!
This I2C digital humidity sensor is an accurate and intelligent alternative to the much simpler Humidity and Temperature Sensor - SHT15 Breakout It has a typical accuracy of ±2% with an operating range that's optimized from 5% to 95% RH. Operation outside this range is still possible - just the accuracy might drop a bit. The temperature output has an accuracy of ±1°C from -30~90°C. If you're looking to measure temperature more accurately, Adafruit recommend the MCP9808 High Accuracy I2C Temperature Sensor Breakout Board.
Such a lovely chip - so they spun up a breakout board that includes the Filtered version (the white bit of plastic which is a PTFE filter to keep the sensor clean), a 3.3V regulator and I2C level shifting circuitry. This lets you use it safely with any kind of microcontroller with 3.3V-5V power or logic. Each order comes with one fully assembled and tested PCB breakout and a small piece of header. You'll need to solder the header onto the PCB but it's fairly easy and takes only a few minutes even for a beginner.
It's also very easy to use, thanks to Adafruit's Arduino library and tutorial. Check out Adafruit's tutorial for pinouts, wiring, files, etc.
- Dimensions: 18mm x 16mm x 2mm / 0.7" x 0.6" x 0.08"
- Weight: 1g
- I2C 7-bit address 0x40
- PCB CAD files, datasheets, Fritzing object, etc available in the tutorial
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.