When you need a portable 12V power pack, this big holder will do the job! The holder will store 8 AA batteries end to end, to give approximately 12VDC output with up to 2 amp peak current draw. Adafruit like this configuration in particular because it holds the batteries securely, even if being bumped/moved around.
This would make a good power source for EL panels, 12V stepper motors (for a robot), or analog LED strip such as this 30 RGB LED, 60 LED RGB or warm white). You may want to pick up a DC power plug adapter to connect onto the wires for easy plugging.
Batteries are not included, can be used with any AA-sized Alkaline or Rechargeable batteries.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.