Here's yet another addition to Adafruit's family of AA battery holders. It's a holder for five (5) AA batteries, with 5" wire leads. It's black and has a 2.1mm barrel plug (tip positive).
5 x AA battery packs are best used with Arduino-compatibles and other dev boards with 2.1mm DC jacks and a 5V regulator, because 5V regulators tend to like 1-2V of overhead. 4 x AA battery holders would give you ~6VDC, which is just a tiny bit too low. This 5 x AA holder is just big enough to fit on Adafruit's robot rover kits, and power both an Arduino-compatible and a couple of motors.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.